NETWORK ADAPTOR START-UP DISC
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT AND INDICATE WHETHER OR NOT YOU AGREE TO ITS TERMS BY SELECTING THE “AGREE” OR “DISAGREE” BUTTON TO THE RIGHT OF THE AGREEMENT AND PRESSING THE ‘X’ BUTTON TO CONFIRM. IF YOU SELECT THE “DISAGREE” BUTTON YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO INSTALL OR USE THE NETWORK ADAPTOR AND NETWORK ADAPTOR START-UP DISC. CONTACT SCEA CONSUMER SERVICES AT 1-800-345-7669 WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE FOR REFUND/RETURN DETAILS. DO NOT RETURN THE NETWORK ADAPTOR TO YOUR RETAILER.
This End User License Agreement (EULA) is a legal agreement between you and Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. (SCEA). This Agreement covers your use of the Network Adaptor Start-Up Disc and related documentation. By selecting the “AGREE” button and by using the Start-Up Disc, you represent that (i) you are at least 18 years of age and (ii) you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA.
1. LICENSE. This software is licensed, not sold, to you for installation and use only on the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system with Network Adaptor (Ethernet/modem) (for PlayStation®2). You may use this software on only one PlayStation®2 system at a time. Once the information on this disc is loaded onto your PlayStation 2 memory card, save the original disc as your archival copy. You may not copy the related documentation. Any reproduction or distribution of this software not in accordance with this EULA is strictly prohibited.
2. RESTRICTIONS. You may not (i) rent, lease or sublicense the software, (ii) modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble the software, or (iii) attempt to create the source code from the object code for the software. You may, however, transfer all your rights to use the software to another person provided that you transfer your Network Adaptor and this EULA with the software. You acknowledge that this software is subject to applicable U.S. laws concerning export control, and you agree not to export the software, either directly or indirectly, to any country that is the subject of U.S. export restrictions.
3. TERMINATION. This EULA is effective until terminated. You may terminate this EULA at any time by destroying the software and related documentation. The EULA will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with any of its terms and conditions. Upon such termination, you agree to destroy the software and all related documentation.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. All title and intellectual property rights in and to the content of this software and to all other content which may be accessed through this software is the property of the respective content owner(s) and may be protected by applicable copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties. This EULA grants you no ownership rights in such content. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by SCEA.
7. GAME DEMOS. You agree to be respectful of your fellow players when you play the game demos on this Start-Up Disc. Always check the game demo user agreement for its user conduct policy. Demos included on the Start-up Disc may be early versions of games that have not completed the SCEA testing cycle. The demo publisher is responsible for maintenance and supervision of the game. SCEA makes no representation or warranty with regard to the maintenance or playability of these games. See individual demos for full details. Some demos may not have a timeout feature or may have a timeout feature which is longer than the timeout feature for your ISP. Always turn off your PlayStation®2 system as soon as you finish playing to avoid unnecessary telephone charges.
8. PRODUCT MANUALS/INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. You warrant that you have read the manuals for your Network Adaptor, Network Adaptor Start-Up Disc and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and are familiar with their warnings and instructions. You understand that the instructional videos and diagrams provided through the Start-Up Disc are intended only as a general overview of product installation and home network setup. Before any installation or setup you should carefully review all relevant product manuals and your ISP user agreement/terms and conditions. IMPORTANT NOTE: some ISPs limit the number of devices that may be connected to the service. If you are unsure about your service, please contact your ISP. For all other questions concerning product installation and home network setup, please contact SCEA Consumer Services at 1-800-345-7669.
9. MISUSE OF DISC CONTENT OR TOOLS. You agree that you will use the content and tools made available to you on the Start-Up Disc only for the purposes intended. Any misuse of such content or tools will result in automatic termination of this EULA. Furthermore, any misappropriation of the intellectual property of SCEA or any other party through misuse of the content or tools or by any other means may result in legal prosecution.
10. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PROVIDED UNDER LAW, SCEA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, SCEA DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME DEMOS PROVIDED HEREIN AT ANY TIME YOU WANT. FROM TIME TO TIME, THERE MAY BE PROBLEMS RELATED TO ACCESS, DELAY OR FAILURE TO PERFORM THAT ARE BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF SCEA. IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE REGARDING YOUR USE OF THIS SOFTWARE OTHER THAN A DISPUTE REGARDING DNAS (SEE PARAGRAPH 11 BELOW), YOU AGREE THAT THE SOLE LIABILITY OF SCEA AND ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES WILL BE LIMITED TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THIS DISC AT SCEA’S OPTION (SEE LIMITED WARRANTY IN MANUAL FOR NETWORK ADAPTOR OR MANUAL FOR CONSOLE WITH PRE-INSTALLED NETWORK ADAPTOR). FOR ALL DEMOS PUBLISHED BY SCEA, SCEA MAY DISCONTINUE HOSTING OF THE DEMO AT ANY TIME. YOU AGREE THAT SCEA HAS NO LIABILITY FOR SUCH CONTINUANCE. ALL OTHER DEMOS ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE NAMED PUBLISHER. CHECK THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EACH GAME DEMO USER AGREEMENT BEFORE PLAYING.
12. If you acquired this software in the United States, this EULA shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California. If you acquired this software outside the United States, unless local law otherwise applies, United States law shall apply.
13. Should you have any questions concerning this EULA please contact Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc., Legal Department, 919 East Hillsdale Boulevard, Foster City, CA 94402. For a printed copy of this End User License Agreement, goto
Legal Notice: Network Adaptor Start-Up Disc © 2003 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. “PlayStation”, “PS” Family logo and DUALSHOCK logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.