Support: System Software Updates
Update using a UMD™
If a screen prompting you to update the system software is displayed when you start a UMD™, you must perform an update to start the software title contained on the UMD™. In this case you can update directly from the UMD™.
The update data contained in software for the PSP® system (UMD™) is the latest version available at the time of the software release. A later version of the update data may be available after the software release. As of January 25, 2011, update data up to version 6.37 is available on a UMD™.
- A PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system with battery pack and AC adaptor
- A UMD™ containing update data*
*When you insert a UMD™ containing update data in the system, the following icon is displayed in the home menu under (Game).
- Do not remove the AC adaptor during the update.
- Do not turn off the system or remove the UMD™ during the update.
If an update is cancelled before completion, the system software may become damaged, and the system may require servicing to repair or exchange.
Before starting the update, you must do the following:
- Fully charge the battery.
- Connect the AC adaptor to the PSP® system and plug it into an electrical outlet.
- Insert the UMD™ containing update data in the PSP® system.
- Start the update data.
Select (UMD™) under (Game) from the home menu, and then press the button to start the update. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform the update.
- Confirm that the update was successful.
After the update has been completed, select [System Settings] under (Settings) from the home menu, and then select [System Information]. If the [System Software] field displays the version number of the update, the update was successful.