PSP® System Software Update
- A PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system with battery pack and AC adaptor
- Memory Stick Duo™ media with at least 28 MB of free space
System storage with at least 28 MB of free space
- Internet access using a wireless LAN (Hotspots that require a browser for authentication cannot be used.)
- Internet service with an ISP (Internet service provider)
- Network devices, such as a DSL/cable modem and a WLAN access point or a wireless broadband router
- Settings for the access point (SSID and WEP/WPA keys)
- Before performing a system update, you must create network settings for your PSP® system. For details, refer to the instructions for the PSP® system.
- SSID and WEP/WPA keys are types of wireless network information. This information is generally set in the access point using a PC. For details, refer to the instructions supplied with the access point.
- Turn on the WLAN switch of the PSP® system before starting the download procedure.
- Do not remove the AC adaptor during the update.
- Do not turn off the system or remove the Memory Stick™ media during the update.
If an update is cancelled before completion, the system software may become damaged, and the system may require servicing to repair or exchange.
- Select (System Update) under (Settings) from the home menu, and then press the button.
- Select [Update via Internet].
- Select a connection, and then press the button.
- Connect to the network.
When a network connection is established, the system will check whether an update is needed.
- Download the update data.
- Do not remove the AC adaptor during the download.
- Do not turn off the system or remove the Memory Stick™ media during the download.
If a screen prompting you to update the system software is displayed, you can perform an update. Press the button. The download will then begin.
Before starting the update, you must do the following:
- Fully charge the battery.
- Connect the AC adaptor to the PSP® system and plug it into an electrical outlet.
- Check that the download has completed.
- Locate the update data. With the data selected, press the button to start the update. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update. The version number of the update data is displayed and the update begins.
- Confirm that the update was successful.
After the update has been completed, select [System Settings] under (Settings) from the home menu, and then select [System Information]. If the [System Software] field displays the version number of the update, the update was successful.
- After the update has been successfully completed, you can delete the update data from the Memory Stick™ media.