Support: System Software Updates
PSP® System Software Update
Downloading and installing the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system software update will update your PSP® system's operating system to include the latest security patches, settings, features and other items. We encourage you to check this page from time to time for system software updates and to always maintain your system to use the latest version of the system software.
An update to the PSP® system software was released on August 10, 2011. You can use this update to upgrade your system software to version 6.60.
The PSP® system software version 6.60 update includes the following:
To use Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity™ application with system software version 6.60, you must update the application to the latest version.
To download and update the latest version of the Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity™ application:
1. Select (Music) > (Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity™).
2. Press the button to open the menu.
3. Select [Version Information] from the menu that is displayed.
4. Follow the instructions to download and complete the update.
System software stability during use of some features has been improved.
- Do not download or install updates using data other than official update data provided online or on disc media by Sony Computer Entertainment, and do not download or install updates by methods other than those described in the system documentation or on this website. If you download or install update data from another source, by another method, or with a PSP® system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PSP® system may not operate properly and may not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions may void the PSP® system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.
- This update is for PSP® systems purchased in North America. DO NOT update your PSP® system through this website if you purchased your system outside North America. There is no guarantee of proper operation with models sold outside North America.
- The system software and system software updates installed on your system are subject to a limited license from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Refer to
http://www.scei.co.jp/psp-eula for details.
- If your PSP® system software version is 6.60 (or later), you do not need to perform this update. To check the version of your system software, go to (Settings) > (System Settings) > [System Information]. The information is shown in the [System Software] field.
- This system software update includes all features contained in previous versions.
- To play some software or use some features, you may first need to update the system software.
- Depending on your PSP® system software version, the screen images and icons that are used on this website may differ from those that appear on your system.
- To connect to the Internet using your system, you must be within range of a wireless access point (or hotspot) that allows connections to the Internet.
- Some of the features and functions described in this website are applicable only to specific models of the PSP® system.
- The , , and icons indicate features and functions that apply only to PSP-1000/2000/3000 series systems.
- The icon indicates features and functions that apply only to PSP-N1000 series (PSP®go) systems.
- No icons indicates that the features and functions apply to all models of the PSP® system.