Support: System Software Updates
PlayStation®3 System Software Update
- PlayStation®3 system
- A wireless controller
- A USB cable
- Internet access (wired or wireless* connection)
* Available only on PS3™ systems that are equipped with the wireless LAN feature.
You must create the necessary network settings for the PS3™ system before performing a system update. For details, refer to the PS3™ system software user's guide.
- Do not turn off the PS3™ system during an update. If an update is cancelled before completion, the system software may become damaged, and the system may require servicing or exchange.
- During an update, the power button on the system front and PS button of the controller are inactive.
- From the XMB™ menu, select (Settings) > (System Update), and then press the button.
- Select [Update via Internet], and then press the button.
- Download the update data.
- Confirm that the update was successful.
The system automatically searches for and finds the latest version of the update data.
If a new version of the system software is found, an update is necessary. Press the button to start downloading the update data.
Follow the on-screen instructions to perform the update.
After the update has been completed, go to (Settings) > (System Settings) > [System Information].
If the [System Software] field displays the version number of the update, the update was successful.