Support: System Software Updates
PlayStation®3 System Software Version 4.46 (including 4.41 and 4.40)
[Trophy Notifications] has been added under (Settings) > [System Settings]. You can set whether to display a notification when you earn a trophy.
|Do Not Display||Set not to display trophy notifications.|
|Display||Set to display trophy notifications.|
Support for Closed Captions
[Closed Captions] has been added as a feature under (Video Settings).
Closed captioning is a type of subtitling that describes all sounds in a currently playing video (such as music, sound effects, and conversation) with symbols and letters.
When this setting is [On], you can select closed caption options using (Subtitle Options) on the control panel.
Displaying Closed Captions
1. Select [On] under (Settings) > (Video Settings) > [Closed Captions].
2. Press the button during content playback to display the control panel.
3. Select [Closed Captions] under (Subtitle Options).
- This setting is active only with content supporting closed captions.
- This feature is not supported with content on Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD. Support for this feature is planned in a later system update.
"Blu-ray Disc™"and "Blu-ray™" are trademarks of the Blu-ray Disc Association