- How can I buy a PlayStation® Protection Plan?
- PS Vita, PS3™ and PS4™ PlayStation® Protection Plans can be purchased on PlayStation.com, on PlayStation®Store or by calling 1-866-716-7669 where our qualified agents are available to assist you seven days a week.
- What are the benefits of purchasing the PlayStation® Protection Plan?
- All PlayStation® hardware comes with a 1-year limited warranty. The PlayStation® Protection Plan is an extended service for consumers who want the added peace of mind that comes from having 24 months of additional coverage after your manufacturer’s warranty expires.
- Dedicated PlayStation® Support specialists & 800 number
- Claim processing available 7 days a week
- No out-of-pocket expenses for qualified claims
- Pre-paid shipping box
- PlayStation® certified technicians & genuine PlayStation® parts
- What is covered under the PlayStation® Protection Plan?
- The very same things that are covered under the original warranty that comes with the hardware at purchase. The PlayStation® Protection Plan gives you the opportunity to extend this coverage by 24 months.
- What is the Accidental Damage Plan?
- The Accidental Damage Plan supplements the original warranty with coverage that addresses the incidents that can happen, such as a cracked screen that results from accidental dropping. This type of damage is not covered in the original manufacturer’s warranty, but it is now available from PlayStation® as an added benefit.
- What’s the difference between the PlayStation® Protection Plan and the extended service plans already available from various retailers?
- The PlayStation® Protection Plan offers peace of mind to consumers interested in extended service coverage for a great value, along with the added security of knowing all services will be performed with the direct backing and support of SCEA as the original manufacturer. This includes all repairs being conducted at SCEA-authorized repair facilities by PlayStation®-trained service technicians.
- Who is eligible to purchase these new service plans?
- The PlayStation® Protection Plans are available for purchase by customers who are still within their original one-year limited warranty. Accidental Damage Plans are available to anyone who has purchased a system in the past 30 days.
- Who is responsible for the cost of shipping and handling during the repair process?
- SCEA covers all costs associated with shipping and handling as part of the PlayStation® Protection Plan and Accidental Damage Plan.
PlayStation® Protection Plan