- How To Enter: Activate one DataConnect Session on the PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi System before March 31, 2013
- How game code will be issued: Within 30 days of activation the user will receive an email with a code for Super Star Dust w/ DLC ($14.99 value) that can be redeemed on the PlayStation Store on the PS Vita System.
- Expiration Date: March 31, 2013
- Who is Eligible: Anyone who purchases a PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi System and activates a DataConnect Session before March 31, 2013
- View more detailed information
The PS Vita System is compatible with PS3™ system in four ways:
- 1) Cross Platform Game Play: This allows a player on their PS Vita System and a player on their PS3™ system to play against each other in multiplayer mode of compatible titles.
- 2) Cross Platform Game Save: This allows players to pause a game on their PS3™ system and resume it on their PS Vita System or vice versa with compatible titles.
- 3) Remote Play: This allows players to control their PS3™ system from their PS Vita System and see their PS3™ on the screen of their PS Vita System.
- 4) Content Manager: Users can upload photos, videos, and music from their PS3 onto their PS Vita System. They can always back up their PS Vita System to their PS3.
Games are available on a PlayStation®Vita System card and also digitally, through the PlayStation®Store.
A memory card is required for those games which require game saves or have downloadable content.
Yes, as long as that unit uses the same PSN account associated with the unit.
All games purchased through the PS Store, including PSP digital games are compatible with your PS Vita System, however UMD’s will not be supported.*
With access to AT&T Broadband Network you can game with a real-time connection, immediately socialize with your gaming community through news feeds, multiplayer game sessions, and compete for in-game achievements (trophies). You can also stay up to date with continuous LiveArea scores and game ranking news feeds, competitive multiplayer game sessions, PS Vita System to PS3™ game play, and cross-game text messaging with Party. Plus access social apps such as Facebook, Twitter, FourSquare, Skype and more optimized specifically for PlayStation®Vita System.
Asynchronous gaming is multiplayer gaming when one player plays their turn and then the next player plays their turn. For example, in Hot Shots Golf, player one can complete a hole and then pass the game through the network to player two to complete.
For the best experience you should use the Official Licensed PlayStation® In-Ear headset with microphone.
In the United States, AT&T will be the carrier. For more details, please go to www.us.playstation.com/psvita.
Parental controls are automatically triggered based on the user’s age. Additionally, users can set privacy zones (i.e. their home, office, etc.) when they don’t want to be seen on the radar. There is a setting to make certain games private.
Through the PS Store system icon on your PS Vita System.
Yes, you can see your trophies as well as your friends’ trophies.
The ability to capture your real world surroundings and bring them to life within your games. Only certain games will allow this feature.
The PS Vita System catalog is continuously growing, but just to name a few:Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom® 3, Uncharted: Golden Abyss™, Michael Jackson The Experience, FIFA 12, Shinobido 2: Revenge of the Zen, ModNation™ Racers:RoadTrip, F1 2011™, Disgaea®3: Absence of Detention, Ridge Racer and many more.
You can watch movies, listen to music, browse the web, and check out social media apps like Facebook, Twitter, Skype, and Foursquare.
Trend Micro Incorporated (TYO: 4704;TSE: 4704), a global cloud security leader, today announced that it has extended its collaboration with Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) and is now offering two web security services -- “Trend Micro Kids Safety for PS Vita System” and “Trend Micro Web Security for PS Vita System” --for the PlayStation®Vita System (PS Vita System), the first portable entertainment system from SCE with 3G network connectivity.
“Trend Micro Kids Safety for PS Vita System” and “Trend Micro Web Security for PS Vita System” leverage Trend Micro’s URL filtering and web reputation technologies, respectively. URL filtering prevents inappropriate websites from being accessed; web reputation blocks PS Vita System users from accidentally visiting a website that may contain malicious content designed to steal personal information and confidential data such as bank account information, and credit card numbers. Web reputation is one of the main components of the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™ infrastructure, a cloud-client security infrastructure that checks the security of more than five billion URL, email and file queries daily. With the Smart Protection Network, PS Vita System users receive instant, real-time protection against malicious websites and Internet fraud.
To Set up your month-to-month AT&T Data account for your PS Vita System you must use a different e-mail from your AT&T Apple iPad data plan. Having trouble connecting to AT&T Mobile Broadband Network? Click here for more info