More of what you want, and features you never expected
- PlayStation®3 features Gaming
- PlayStation®3 Features
- PlayStation®3 Features Multimedia
- PlayStation®3 Features Connectivity
- PlayStation®3 Features Parental Controls
Blu-ray™ movies: Crystal clear high-definition picture and theater-quality sound
The best possible viewing experienceOpen
When you watch movies in Blu-ray™ on the PlayStation®3 system, certain phrases come to mind: pristine picture, theater-quality sound, crisp HD action. Blu-ray™ just makes for a better TV experience. And the PlayStation®3 system’s Blu-ray™ technology is built to last; BD-Live (Blu-ray Disc™ Profile 2.0) makes sure you can enjoy the newest entertainment for years to come.
Blu-ray™ key features:
• Highest definition With 1080p resolution, you get the highest definition available today.1
• Theater-quality audio Hear everything how it’s meant to be heard. Up to 7.1 channels of Surround Sound.2
• Huge storage capacity 50 GB BD (5x the storage of today’s DVDs) for the best picture & sound.
• BD-Live (Blu-ray Disc™ Profile 2.0)3 Get even closer to movies with downloadable bonus content, movie-based games and more special features. And you can only experience it with BD-Live.
• Backward compatible Enjoy your existing DVD movie collections on the Blu-ray™ player as well.4 Or, for a vibrant HD-quality experience, upscale your DVDs to HD quality.5
- Video output in HD requires cables and an HD-compatible display, both sold separately. Copy-protected Blu-ray™ video discs can only output at 1080p using an HDMI cable connected to a device that is compatible with the HDCP standard. HDMI cable not included. Additional equipment may be required to use the HDMI connector.
- A device compatible with Linear PCM 7.1 Ch. is required to output 7.1 Ch. audio, supported by Dolby TrueHD or a similar format, from the HDMI OUT connector. This system does not support output from the DTS-HD 7.1 Ch. DTS-HD 7.1 Ch audio is output from a 5.1 or lower channel.
- Requires updated System Software, BD-Live compatible BD. Also requires broadband Internet service and a wireless access point or LAN. Certain limitations apply to Wi-Fi connectivity. See the product documentation for details. You’re responsible for Internet service fees.
- Limitation apply. Visit the Knowledge Center for supported disc media supported by the PlayStation®3.
- DVD upscaling requires current System Software, an HDMI cable and HDMI compatible TV set. Upscale up to up to 1080p.