24/7 Access to games, exclusives, movies and more for PSP®, PS3™, PS Vita, and PS4™ systems
- PS Store Cash Cards are only redeemable by PSNSM Master Accounts with a United States address.
- Visit your local authorized PlayStation®retailer to purchase PS Store Cash Cards.
- All credit/debit cards used on the PSNSM must be associated with a physical North American address.
- American Express
- Debit and check cards with the official MasterCard or Visa logos printed on them
- PlayStation®Store Cash Card (PS Store Cash Card)
- The PlayStation®Store Cash Card (PS Store Cash Card) is a prepaid card that may be used to apply funds to a PlayStation®Wallet without using a credit card. Please visit your local authorized PlayStation® retailer to purchase the PS Store Cash Card. The PS Store Cash Card is only available for use on PSN Master Accounts with a United States address.
- Prepaid Credit Cards
- Bank drafts or checks
- International* Credit Cards
- International* Cash Cards
- *Countries outside of the United States and Canada
- Verify with your bank whether your credit or debit card is compatible with Address Verification System (AVS).
- All credit/debit cards for use with the North American PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, must have a billing address within North America.
- If you are located outside of the North American region, you may still be able to create a Sony Entertainment Network account using a US or US territory address and purchase content from the North American PlayStation®Store, however, you must have a North American credit card or debit card (with a Visa or MasterCard logo).
- If you have issues entering billing information onto your Sony Entertainment Network account, see the Knowledge Center to learn more about guidelines for entering billing information.
- Military (APO and FPO) addresses are currently unable to be accepted as a valid address on the PlayStation® Store at this time. If you do not see your country listed, see PlayStation® Store access from another region for details.
- We recommend you remove any special characters when entering your billing address into the Sony Entertainment Network account registration form such as, asterisks (*), hyphens (-), and slashes ( / ). (For example, if your address is 1547 1/2 Lincoln Way, we recommend removing the fraction and try entering "1547 Lincoln Way" instead.
- For North American (United States or Canada) PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment systems, you may only use credit or debit cards with North American (United States or Canada) billing addresses. No international bank cards may be used through the North American PlayStation® Store registration system.
- Make sure to enter all of the billing information correctly and accurately (credit card numbers, billing address, etc.). If the information you enter is different from what is on file with the bank, it may cause the billing registration to fail. We recommend contacting your bank or credit card company to confirm they have your current information on file prior to registering.
- Make sure that apartment numbers appear on the same line as the street address.
- Try removing apartment numbers.
- Enter a physical mailing address. We do not recommend PO Box addresses.
- Confirm with your card issuer that your credit card / debit card is active and valid. Check that the credit card or debit card has not expired. (See the Knowledge Center to learn more about how to check or change the credit card information on your account.)
- Check with your card issuer whether your credit card / debit card supports AVS (Address Verification System). If it does not, the credit card / debit card may not be accepted by the PlayStation® Store.
- Make sure you have "activated" the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system with your Sony Entertainment Network account (see the Knowledge Center to learn more about hardware activation.)
- We do not recommend using gift cards or prepaid cards. We cannot guarantee they will work, especially if they do not have a billing address tied to the account.
- If none of the above work for your credit or debit card, we would recommend using a different card. You may use Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. You can also use any debit card with an official Visa or MasterCard logo printed on the front.
- PS Store Cash Cards are only redeemable by PSN Master Accounts (i.e. not Sub Accounts) with a United States address.
- If you receive the following message, You must enter a PlayStation®Store Cash Card number" try re-entering the Personal Identification Number (PIN). This error occurs when the PIN is not entered or if only a partial PIN is entered. Note, you must enter the full 12-digit alphanumeric PIN from the back of the PlayStation®Store Cash Card.
- If you receive the following message, "The PlayStation®Store Cash Card number is not valid. Please check the number and try again., try re-entering the PIN as this means it was incorrectly entered. Check to make sure the PIN was entered exactly as displayed, as the codes are case sensitive.
- If you receive the following message, "The credit card transactions could not be completed. Your wallet has not been funded", the PS Store Cash Card you are trying to redeem is currently inactive (not activated by the retailer where it was purchased). If you purchased this PS Store Cash Card and have a receipt, please return it to the retailer and have them activate the card. Only the retailer can activate the PS Store Cash Card.
- If you receive the following message, "You cannot add the funds from this PlayStation®Store Cash Card without exceeding the maximum wallet funding limit" your wallet is at the limit (see the Knowledge Center to learn more about the maximum amount that can be in a PlayStation® Store wallet for details). If the face value of the PS Store Cash Card puts your wallet balance above this amount, you will not be able to redeem the PS Store Cash Card until the full face value can be put into the Wallet (partial redemptions are not possible).
- 3X points on all PlayStation® and Sony® purchases at Sony stores, Sony.com and authorized retailers
- 3X points at quick service restaurants, movie theaters and on your mobile phone bill
- 1X points on all other purchases
- Turn on your PlayStation®3 Console, and select PlayStation®Store from the XMB (Cross Media Bar).
- In the upper right hand corner of the PlayStation®Store menu is an icon called Redeem Codes. Select it.
- Enter your 12 digit code into the field on the Redeem Codes page, then press continue to successfully redeem your code.
Pay for PlayStation®Store purchases with funds in your online wallet. You can add money to your wallet using a credit card or PlayStation®Store Cash Card. And if you’re worried about your friends/roommates/suspiciously intelligent pets going on a spending spree, just set up sub-accounts with controlled wallets.
The PlayStation®Card from Capital One® is a great way to rack up Sony Rewards points for all your purchases everywhere, every day. Your rewards are unlimited. Plus you'll earn 10X points on PlayStation®Store purchases and score a $50 PSN code after your first purchase with the PlayStation®Card.
PlayStation®Store Cash CardOpen
The PlayStation®Store Cash Card (available in $20 and $50 denominations) is an easy and convenient way to make your PlayStation®Store purchase without using a credit card. PlayStation®Store Cash Cards are available for purchase at a variety of retail stores throughout the United States and Canada.
Purchase PlayStation®Store Cash Cards at your local authorized retailer
PlayStation® Purchasing FAQOpen
PlayStation®Store Cash Cards can only be used on the PlayStation®Store (i.e. not with local or online retailers). The PS Store Cash Card, when redeemed, will place the full face value of the card into the PlayStation®Wallet. You may use the funds in your Wallet to purchase exclusive games, PS one® Classics, add-on game content, movies*, and television shows*.
*United States only.
You can use the following forms of payment to purchase items at the PlayStation®Store:
All funds for Sony Entertainment Network sub accounts are managed by the associated Master Account. To add funds to a Sub Account, you will need to do so through the Master Account.
The Automatic Funding feature allows the PlayStation® Store to deduct money from the credit card on file for a Sony Entertainment Network account (if there is a credit card is on file) when there are insufficient funds in the wallet to pay for content or services that is offered only on a subscription.
The Automatic Funding feature is set by the Master Account holder. The Master Account holder selects the amount of automatic funding. The amount can be as high as $50 US currency for users registered in the United States and $50 Canadian currency for users registered in Canada at any one time, up to the wallet limit.
Once the Automatic Funding feature is enabled, all associated Sub Accounts will also be able to benefit from it when making purchases.
The maximum amount that a Master Account wallet can contain - at any one time - is $150 US Dollars for users registered in the United States and $150 Canadian for users registered in Canada. There is no limit on the number of times a Master Account may fund a wallet as long as the total amount does not exceed $150. You can fund your wallet for the maximum amount at one time from your console or PC.
A Master Account can place a monthly spending limit on associated Sub Accounts. The maximum monthly limit on a Sub Account can be set to "Unlimited" for users registered in the United States and for users registered in Canada. The Sub Account monthly spending limit can be higher than the Master Account wallet limit because there is no limit on the number of times a Master Account can fund its wallet as long as the wallet limit does not exceed $150 at any one time.
If you received the following error message while entering your credit card / billing information into your Sony Entertainment Network account:.
"Your credit card information could not be updated. It's been updated too often within a short amount of time. Please try again in a few minutes."
Your account may be blocked. You must wait 24 hours before attempting to try again.
Once you have waited 24 hours, please follow these guidelines when entering billing information into your Sony Entertainment Network account. We recommend printing this article so you may reference the guidelines when you are ready to proceed.
Guidelines for inputting billing information
Be advised that with each attempt to enter and authorize a credit card on your Sony Entertainment Network account, there will be an authorization hold on your credit card account (see the Knowledge Center to learn more about credit card authorizations held on your account.)
If you make multiple purchase attempts at the PlayStation®Store, each attempt may create a temporary authorization* (i.e. held funds) for that amount in your credit card account.
When purchasing items at the PlayStation®Store with your credit card, the purchase amount can appear on your bank statement even if the transaction did not complete successfully during the time of (attempted) purchase. In these instances, the purchase amount appearing on your statement are not actual charges, but they are temporary authorizations.* Nothing is actually charged or withdrawn from your account (since the PlayStation®Store transaction failed), however, temporary authorizations can be held from your total credit card balance until it is automatically dropped by your bank.
*Temporary authorizations are held against your balance to guarantee the funds for the transaction amount. Since this may affect your available remaining balance, we recommend contacting your bank for exact policies on temporary authorizations. How long authorized funds are held is determined by your bank's policies. Please note that Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) does not have the ability to manually drop these authorizations from your bank or credit card account. Most financial institutions hold authorized funds anywhere from approximately 5 to 7 business days, however, some banks may hold them longer. For your bank's specific policies, please contact them directly.
The funds will remain in your PlayStation®Store wallet until they are used. To the extent permitted by law, wallet funds are not refundable and can not be transferred to anyone else.
All PlayStation®Store sales are final (no refunds) per the Sony Entertainment Network Terms of Service and User Agreement.
All PlayStation®Store sales are final (no refunds) per the Sony Entertainment Network Terms of Service and User Agreement.
A Voucher Code is a special code that consumers can use to apply funds to their PlayStation®Wallet without using a credit card. A voucher code may also award a consumer the ability to download a specific piece or pieces of downloadable content, such as a specific game title, an exclusive demo, a game title add-on, etc. These voucher code are sometimes included in some limited edition bundle packs.
PlayStation®Store (PS) Cash Cards are an example of a voucher code. The PS Store Cash Card must be redeemed on a PSN Master Account (i.e. not Sub Accounts).
When redeemed, a PS Store Cash Card will place the full face value of the card into the account's PlayStation®Wallet. The funds can be used to purchase downloadable games and add-ons for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and the PSP® portable entertainment system.
If you are experiencing problems when trying to redeem a PlayStation®Store Cash Card, try these troubleshooting options:
Content / items purchased from the PlayStation®Store can only be used with the Sony Entertainment Network account that made the purchase. Items can not be transferred from one Sony Entertainment Network account to another.
We appreciate your interest in the PSNSM. Access to a region's PlayStation®Store is determined by the country associated with the Sony Entertainment Network account. The PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system will automatically direct the Sony Entertainment Network account to the corresponding region's PlayStation®Store. Also, once a Sony Entertainment Network account is created, the country for that account is unable to be modified. If your country is not listed, we apologize but PSNSM access is not currently supported in your country at this time.
A PLAYSTATION®3 from one region will be able to access the PlayStation®Store for another region, however, the Sony Entertainment Network account must have a valid mailing address within that foreign region. Additionally, if you wish to purchase content* from a specific region's PlayStation®Store, you must have a credit card or debit card (with a VISA or MasterCard logo) with a billing address from the same region. Not all PlayStation®Network and PlayStation®Store content may operate as intended on a console that is from another region, (i.e., different language displayed, software titles may not be compatible, etc.). We do not have any information that will override these territorial restrictions and we apologize for any inconvenience.
*Pricing for PlayStation®Store content is set independently by each region and subject to change at any time and once items are purchased they are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Lastly, we cannot guarantee the functionality of the PLAYSTATION®3 system and access to the PSNSM from outside of its designated region. The PLAYSTATION®3 system and format software titles are only designed to run in the respective regions and countries for which it was intended. You may experience problems when you attempt to operate a console from outside its designated region and access the PSNSM
If you have questions regarding setting up the PSNSM for regions outside of North America, click here to select your country' For consumers from the African region, please contact Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE). If you are unable to locate your country or region on the global PlayStation® website, we apologize for any inconvenience. Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) may not have authorized distribution centers for PlayStation® products in your region at this time.
NOTE: additionally, you must adhere to your region's PlayStation®Network Terms of Service and End User License Agreement when accessing the PSNSM.
Pricing for PlayStation®Store content is set independently by each region and subject to change at any time. Additionally, PlayStation®Store content may be subject to applicable taxes by each region, state, county, and/or city and may change periodically as tax rates are revised.
Once items are purchased they are non-refundable and non-transferable.
For more information regarding purchases and transactions on the PlayStation®Store, you may wish to review the Sony Entertainment Network Terms of Service and End User License Agreement for your region of interest.
North American consumer can review Sony Computer Entertainment America's Sony Entertainment Network Terms of Service and End User License Agreement.
You’ll rack up 10X points on all your PlayStation®Store purchases... plus you’ll get:
PlayStation® Code Redemption FAQOpen